WASHINGTON, NC. – The Collective, creator of Franko [FRK], today announced its release of Franko Core 0.10.2.2. Making this change to be up-to-date with the current core of Bitcoin and to be between the few cryptocurrencies that actually have done this new upgrade. One of them is Litecoin.
The Collective state that they will always maintain Franko Currency to latest update. And so far they have been keeping their promise since May 2013.
What are the changes?
- Faster synchronization
- Transaction fee changes
- RPC access control changes
- REST interface
- RPC Server “Warm-Up” Mode
- Improved signing security
- Watch-only wallet support
- Consensus library
- Standard script rules relaxed for P2SH addresses
- Mining and relay policy enhancements
- BIP 66: strict DER encoding for signatures
- BIP 65: timelocked transactions
Because release 0.10.0 and later makes use of headers-first synchronization and parallel block download (see further), the block files and databases are not backwards-compatible with pre-0.10 versions of Franko Core or other software:
- Blocks will be stored on disk out of order (in the order they are received, really), which makes it incompatible with some tools or other programs. Reindexing using earlier versions will also not work anymore as a result of this.
- The block index database will now hold headers for which no block is stored on disk, which earlier versions won’t