“Just as you don’t HAVE to use ERNIT with real value like fiat money or cryptocurrency, I believe a lot of the education lies in teaching the concept of value an not necessarily in actual, exchangeable funds”
“We have a still growing list of awesome things we’re going to add to ERNIT.”
- First, your child sets one or more goals using the ERNIT app. The goals can be set for anything large or small: a teddy bear, a bicycle, a gift for Grandma or even a donation for charity.
- Once the goals are set, your child’s loved ones can begin contributing to ERNIT by quickly and easily transferring money directly into the system. Both the app and the piggy bank alert your child when a contribution has been made to the savings account.
- When your child claims the transferred funds, the app responds, and the piggy bank lights up and makes a happy sound in celebration of each step closer to the goal.
- The string of lights around ERNIT’s snout is a regular reminder of progress – and a conversation starter. The lights go from 0 to 100 percent, and when the snout is all lit up the goal is reached.
- This all adds up to a better learning experience for your child who gets an idea of how digital money works. This way, ERNIT helps you start the conversation about value, patience, and goals.
“ERNIT gives your child a smile on their face while empowering them with healthy financial habits.”
Thank you, Thomas, for speaking with us about this cool product. Teaching children about saving digital money is of great importance to us here at Bitcoin.com. We look forward to upcoming developments in the future for ERNIT, and we will keep our readers informed as time progresses.
Images courtesy of Redmemes, Shutterstock, Ernits Kickstarter, and Pixbay