New startup bitjob.io is building a marketplace for students on the ethereum blockchain designed to help students connect with SME/SMB who offer small freelance online jobs to help them through school.
bitJob CEO and founder Dror Medalion said:
“Students face two main problems: they are short on cash and they graduate with occupational experience unrelated to their fields. bitJob offers a real solution—an open source, decentralized, and secured marketplace, to enable students to convert their free time into fast and stable incomes, while enriching their portfolios and online résumés.”
bitJob’s new platform is starting with a hybrid phase that gives the option for students and their customers to have transactions with both PayPal and STU tokens, with some incentives for earning a living with cryptocurrencies, having the added benefit of educating students worldwide to better understand the underlying technology.
The bitJob platform will operate via its native STU (Student) tokens, which will be available through an ICO opening September 12, 2017.
“bitJob’s decentralized peer-to-peer (P2P) marketplace will revolutionize the way students make a living and gain occupational experience while still studying, letting students specialize in jobs relevant to their chosen professions and make a decent living throughout their school career,” said Medalion.
The bitJob platform is specifically designed to attract students to the blockchain ecosystem, educating the next generation in decentralization. The marketplace will be a semi-decentralized platform, using both centralized payment methods (fiat money) and decentralized digital cryptocurrencies, as a first step towards mainstreaming blockchain technology.
Blockchain technology has the potential to disrupt and overcome all boundaries, but we all know that can only happen if consumers are educated in using it.
According to the British Times, employers find it difficult to hire quality temporary workers that fit the budget — and much of them fail in recruiting students. bitJob provides a solution for both these needs, bridging the gap between employers and students.
The bitJob marketplace is particularly targeting the segment of students that seek part-time jobs, offering any student with free time an opportunity to earn both experience and money.
“In addition to that, the value employers will get from bitJob is incredible, while students jobs niche today is almost un-addressed by any other marketplace out there. Employers find it quite impossible to locate students which are recommended and holds proper set of skills and reputation,” added Medalion.
Funds raised in the ICO opening September 12 will be used to support marketing, development and the launch of the platform. Presale begins August 2, 2017.
bitJob partners include the Government of the Netherlands, Blockchain Education Network, University of Florida Bitcoin Club, Cyprus International Institute of Management, Blockchain Association of Canada and the Israeli Students Association.
For more information visit bitJob at: https://bitJob.io
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Richard Kastelein is the Founder, Publisher and Editor in Chief of industry leading online publication, Blockchain News, co-founder and director at education company Blockchain Partners and partner of token design and ICO architecture company Cryptoassets Design Group.
As a prominent keynote presenter, Kastelein has spoken on Blockchain at events in Gdansk, Amsterdam, Minsk, Dubai, Antwerp, Eindhoven, Bucharest, Munich, Nairobi, Tel Aviv, Manchester, Brussels, Barcelona. San Meteo etc, where he helped spread the cause for Blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and, consequently, has built a notable network in the scene.
- Colu Launches Digital “Local Pound, East London” Currency to Empower Local Economies – June 21, 2017
- bitJob.io is Building a Student Employment Program on the Ethereum Blockchain – Launching ICO – June 21, 2017
- Blockchain Project Waves launches landmark USD gateway – June 21, 2017
- Status.im Raises $270m in Three Hours – Shattering Token Raise Record – June 21, 2017
- World’s First Mobile Data Exchange DENT Seeks to Disrupt Telco Market with Blockchain – June 20, 2017
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps – June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise – June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLECODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware – June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History – June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform Stable-Rate Currency – June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement – June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform – June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale – June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase – June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million – June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One – June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud – June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale – June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash – June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release – June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event – June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain – June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today – June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect – June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform – June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum – June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network – June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale – June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects – June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! – June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 – June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business – June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised – June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution – June 1, 2017
- Brave Token Sale Blasts Records With $35 Million in 30 Seconds – June 1, 2017
- Japanese Blockchain Startup releases VALU – Social Media Value That Can Be Traded – May 31, 2017
- MetaX and ConsenSys Announce adToken Sale June 26, 2017 – May 31, 2017
- Blockchain Indy Production Start Up to make a TV Series about the Bitcoin Revolution. Fans invest to help tell the story! – May 31, 2017
- Chat Platform Kik to Integrate Kin Token as First Mainstream Adoption of Cryptocurrency – May 31, 2017
- VPN Blockchain Startup Mysterium Network Raises 68,629 ETH ($14,358,975 USD) in under 45 minutes – May 30, 2017
- XinFin Introduces Blockchain-based Institutional Financing Marketplace Alongside Pre-ICO Token Sale – May 30, 2017
- European Energy Companies to Test Peer-to-Peer Trading Over The Blockchain – May 30, 2017
- Everex Announces Mobile Blockchain-powered Microfinance And Fiat Transfer Platform – May 28, 2017
- $3.7 Million Collected in ICO on the Waves Blockchain Platform for Construction of Production Facility in Russia – May 28, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Aeternity to Launch Phase Two of Contribution Campaign on May 29th, 2017 – May 28, 2017
- Founder and CEO of eToro, Yoni Assia, Joins Bancor Protocol Advisory Board – May 25, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub – May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright – May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro – May 23, 2017
- Netki Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution – May 23, 2017