Everex, an Ethereum-based cross-border microcredit services and transactions company, was recognized for “Service Originality” on Thursday, June 15 by the remittance-focused RemTECH Awards at the United Nations headquarters in New York City. RemTECH honors “transparency, speed, cost and reliability for the companies and end-users that send and receive remittances every day.”
CEO Alexi Lane traveled to the U.N. for the RemTech Awards, which were held June 15–16 at the Global Forum on Remittances, Investment and Development 2017 (GFRID). After the awards were announced, Lane said:
“We believe what separates Everex is our ability to create a credit history for underserved people, thanks to the Ethereum public Blockchain, smart contract and decentralized application technology. The judges knew about Ethereum, and were excited by the ongoing experiments taking place on the network by individual users, small businesses and multinational corporations.”
Everex was one of nine Blockchain-related companies nominated. Fifteen companies altogether were nominated, and five Blockchain companies ultimately took home awards. Lane notes that Everex was the only Ethereum-based platform nominated, while other recognized Blockchain-based companies mostly used bitcoin, litecoin or ether for internal transfers.
Though honored by RemTech for its contributions to remittances, Everex has also developed a system for placing national currencies on the Blockchain. By doing so, Everex allows people living in cash-based societies to earn a public financial reputation. Everex can then determine micro-loan rates for the historically underserved from the Blockchain-based risk assessments.
Alongside Everex, bitcoin-based companies Bitso, Bitex, Cashaa, Digital X, Moneytis, OKlink and Trulioo were announced as contenders for the awards on Wednesday, June 14 in San Francisco.
After the nomination, Lane explained Everex technology.
“We use our technology to put national currencies on the Blockchain, where financial records create public credit history for the underserved,” Lane stated. “Like credit card transactions, Blockchain records show how much is spent, so we can apply AI and machine learning to analyze the data and come up with the loan rate to offer the user.”
Other Blockchain-based winners at the show included Airpocket by DigitalX, Bitso, Moneytis and Trulioo. Airpocket won for “Remittances and Financial Inclusion”; Bitso won for “Pioneering Spirit”; Moneytis won “Most Innovative Service”, and Trulioo won “Potential for Growth.”
Payment companies nominated included TransferTo, Azimo, Moneytis, RemitONE, Comply, Advantage, Safaricom, Xoom and EcoCash, Diaspora, STPMEX and WireCash.
Everex’s originality lies in being the only Ethereum-based company solving problems in the remittance and micro-finance industries.
“We were very proud to represent Ethereum technology at RemTECH,” said Lane. “This technology will transform the remittance industry and increase financial inclusion everywhere.”
Everex is a financial inclusion Blockchain development company seeking to improve access to financial services and markets for the 2.5 billion un-and under-banked population across the world. Our solution offers national currencies in Blockchain form, using Ethereum smart contract technology that can be applied to cross-border lending, remittances, merchant payments, and currency exchange.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Richard Kastelein is the Founder, Publisher and Editor in Chief of industry leading online publication, Blockchain News, co-founder and director at education company Blockchain Partners and partner of token design and ICO architecture company Cryptoassets Design Group.
As a prominent keynote presenter, Kastelein has spoken on Blockchain at events in Gdansk, Amsterdam, Minsk, Dubai, Antwerp, Eindhoven, Bucharest, Munich, Nairobi, Tel Aviv, Manchester, Brussels, Barcelona. San Meteo etc, where he helped spread the cause for Blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and, consequently, has built a notable network in the scene.
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps – June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise – June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLECODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware – June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History – June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform Stable-Rate Currency – June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement – June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform – June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale – June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase – June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million – June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One – June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud – June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale – June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash – June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release – June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event – June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain – June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today – June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect – June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform – June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum – June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network – June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale – June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects – June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! – June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 – June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business – June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised – June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution – June 1, 2017
- Brave Token Sale Blasts Records With $35 Million in 30 Seconds – June 1, 2017
- Japanese Blockchain Startup releases VALU – Social Media Value That Can Be Traded – May 31, 2017
- MetaX and ConsenSys Announce adToken Sale June 26, 2017 – May 31, 2017
- Blockchain Indy Production Start Up to make a TV Series about the Bitcoin Revolution. Fans invest to help tell the story! – May 31, 2017
- Chat Platform Kik to Integrate Kin Token as First Mainstream Adoption of Cryptocurrency – May 31, 2017
- VPN Blockchain Startup Mysterium Network Raises 68,629 ETH ($14,358,975 USD) in under 45 minutes – May 30, 2017
- XinFin Introduces Blockchain-based Institutional Financing Marketplace Alongside Pre-ICO Token Sale – May 30, 2017
- European Energy Companies to Test Peer-to-Peer Trading Over The Blockchain – May 30, 2017
- Everex Announces Mobile Blockchain-powered Microfinance And Fiat Transfer Platform – May 28, 2017
- $3.7 Million Collected in ICO on the Waves Blockchain Platform for Construction of Production Facility in Russia – May 28, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Aeternity to Launch Phase Two of Contribution Campaign on May 29th, 2017 – May 28, 2017
- Founder and CEO of eToro, Yoni Assia, Joins Bancor Protocol Advisory Board – May 25, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub – May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright – May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro – May 23, 2017
- Netki Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution – May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network – May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 – May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform – May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion – May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform – May 22, 2017