Blockchain startup ICONOMI has cut a deal with London-based Columbus Capital as its first asset management partner to maintain and grow funds comprised entirely of Blockchain based assets.
While ICONOMI will continue focusing on platform development and offering the software tools for Blockchain-focused fund managers, Columbus Capital will independently manage three initial funds; a comprehensive Blockchain Index (BLX), Pinta (CCP), a closed-end, high performance fund focusing on novel digital assets and Blockchain.ONE, a fund soon to be listed on traditional, internationally regulated exchanges.
Each of these funds originated as the first Digital Asset Arrays (DAAs) built on ICONOMI’s software. Co-founder of ICONOMI Jani Valjavec and one of Europe’s top fund managers, Igor Erker, formerly of Numerica Partners and Alta Funds, will spearhead Columbus Capital.
Igor Erker, Columbus Capital CEO said:
“We are managing one of the world’s most exciting funds: the Columbus Capital Pinta, previously known as ICNP, which invests exclusively in the highest potential token sales. Our extraordinary team has unrivaled knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry. With our proprietary due diligence processes, we will focus on highly profitable investment opportunities while obtaining access to the best possible deals. With Blockchain Index, previously known as ICNX, we have created a best-in-breed onramp for all investors to invest in the entire Blockchain industry ― today the fastest growing sector in the world.”
Now under Columbus Capital’s purview, Pinta was named after explorer Christopher Columbus’ fastest ship. It has rapidly become the world’s largest and highest performing fund focusing on ICOs, with over $45 million USD in assets under management. Blockchain Index is a lower risk and less volatile fund that serves as a best-in-class approximation of the entire Blockchain industry. BLX was seeded with $3 million USD.
CEO of Columbus Capital Igor Erker holds a Masters degree in investment management at Cass Business School in London and is an executive MBA candidate at Cambridge University. Erker managed four highly regarded funds in developing markets at Alta, which were regularly ranked among the best performing funds of their category. Serving as Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital is Jani Valjavec, the prominent Co-Founder of ICONOMI, Co-Founder of Cashila, and one of Europe’s most highly respected thought leaders in emerging markets and Blockchain technology.
Senior Advisor to Columbus Capital Jani Valjavec said:
“ICONOMI has developed the world’s leading software platform to manage and form digital asset arrays. We are forming what we believe will be the foundational element of the new economy. Eventually dozens or even hundreds of DAAs will operate on the ICONOMI platform. To maintain our focus on developing this critical platform, ICONOMI has spun out our two pre-announced DAAs, INCP and ICNX, to the capable and highly experienced management team at Columbus Capital. As a result, Columbus Capital will be ICONOMI’s first official third-party customer. We have seen increased investor demand for the investment alternatives, and we believe this is an opportune time to present this new vehicle. Columbus Capital highlights our commitment to the market demands and our ambition to continue to broaden investment opportunities in all areas.”
Columbus Capital is the missing link between traditional investment management expertise and technological breakthroughs represented by a new asset class. It is uniquely positioned to provide an unmatched level of crypto-investment expertise combined with a remarkable fund management team and will focus on targeting a new type of investors and new investment opportunities.
Jani Valjavec and Igor Erker have a combined 30 years of experience in public securities investment management and business development.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Richard Kastelein is the Founder, Publisher and Editor in Chief of industry leading online publication, Blockchain News, partner of token design and ICO architecture company Cryptoassets Design Group and co-founder and director at education company Blockchain Partners.
As a prominent keynote presenter, Kastelein has spoken on Blockchain at events in Gdansk, Beijing, Venice, Nanchang, Shanghai, Amsterdam, Minsk, Dubai, Antwerp, Eindhoven, Bucharest, Munich, Nairobi, Tel Aviv, Manchester, Brussels, Barcelona, San Meteo etc, where he helped spread the cause for Blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and, consequently, has built a notable network in the scene.
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet – August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform – August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner – August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform – August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update – August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license – August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing – August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal – August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH – August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM – August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations – August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health – August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity – August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets – August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero – August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds – August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm – August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable – August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale – August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative – August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT – August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach – August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 – August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices – August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event – August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance – August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK – August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event – August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain – August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! – August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 – August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform – August 4, 2017
- investFeed Showcases First Version of Cryptocurrency-Based Social Investment Platform – August 3, 2017
- WePower Launches Blockchain-Powered Green Energy Platform and Token Sale – August 3, 2017
- DECENT Network introduces ATMChain – August 3, 2017
- Neufund Launches ICO Transparency Monitor to Judge ICOs Based on Smart Contract Design – August 3, 2017
- Bitfinex announces Ethfinex – a new community discussion and exchange platform for Ethereum crowdsales and tokens. – August 3, 2017
- Dutch Foundation Wants to Disrupt Charities Using Blockchain Technology – August 3, 2017
- Everex Officially Partners With Myanmar-based MicroMoney – August 3, 2017
- Tech Bureau Japan Launches Cryptocurrency Fundraising Medium, “COMSA” – August 3, 2017
- StreamSpace Token Generation Event to Support Innovative Film Distribution Platform – August 2, 2017
- Singapore Authorities Clarify Regulatory Position On ICOs – Securities in Some Cases – Following SEC Lead – August 2, 2017
- MyBit Blockchain Platform Is on a Mission to Unlock Billions in IoT Revenue – August 2, 2017
- Chinese Blockchain Association Aims to Regulate ICOs – August 2, 2017
- Waves Platform and Gazprombank Digital Enter Strategic Partnership – August 2, 2017
- Groupe Média TFO Launches The Development Of A Blockchain Prototype: A Solution To Credit The Rights Of Audiovisual Works’ Creators – August 2, 2017
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange announces Cyberhub Fintech as a new strategic partner – August 2, 2017
- Gideon Greenspan – MultiChain Launches Production-Ready Version 1.0 with Fourteen New Partners – August 2, 2017
- SilentNotary – Blockchain-Based Notary Chatbot Serves First Clients – August 2, 2017
- LAToken Implements Blockchain to Sell Fractions of Any Assets — From Real Estate to Art Objects – August 2, 2017