The Swiss-based Pillar Project, organised by Twenty Thirty AG, reports that it sold Pillar Tokens worth $12 million in its first hour of sale on Saturday July 15. The sale is live at www.pillarproject.io and the sale closes at 8:00 PM UK time Monday July 17 2017 or when tokens worth $50 million have been sold.
Speaking on a live YouTube video stream from the Pillar Project Mission Control, the initiative’s founder, David Siegel said:
“The surge of website visitors at the start of the sale at 8:00 AM BST was such that the www.pillarproject.io site was down for 20 minutes. The up-side is that the 8,000 people on our mailing list had the advantage of being the first group able to buy Pillar Tokens.”
“We had over 6,000 participants in the first hour and the feedback is exceptionally positive, with people glad to be part of a movement that will change the world for the better. The average transaction value was $2,000. We welcome the individuals who truly believe in our project as they are most likely to hold on to their tokens and play an active role in the Pillar community.
“What’s made our campaign stand out is the strong interest from the wold’s most respected Crypto-vloggers including Jake Brukhman from Coin Fund, Avi Mizrahi from Finance Magnates and Joe (JSnip4) from Realistic News. This is truly a social media-led campaign that has struck a chord with people who want to regain control of their personal data.
“I’m asking our Pillar evangelists to share the news about the Pillar Token sale with their friends, family and community, to assist in getting the message out.”
The Personal Data Locker
The new Pillar wallet will hold people’s assets and become their personal digital assistant – a personal dashboard – powering all their devices. The Pillar wallet is run by Pillar tokens that can be used to fund payments around the web.
The serial entrepreneur and author David Siegel said:
“I’ve been trying to get the personal data locker funded for 20 years, so I’m witnessing the slowest overnight success in the personal identity community.
“We now have the chance to invent the world from scratch now, at a time when citizens are suffering from app fatigue and cybercrime is at an all-time high, with no antidotes to infection on the horizon.
“We are getting rid of accounts, so you will just have your personal data locker on your phone and all of your assets will be on the Blockchain. You will never need to log in with your credit card. Instead you will just send the tokens that are ‘good to go’ for any services you need.
“We will also replace apps with services, managing personal data with a smooth interface.
“Crucially, the Pillar token (symbol: PLR) is the meta-token that’s your unit of account. Furthermore, we want to be a hub and are happy to integrate with other identity schemes. For example, an organisation such as the UN could create their own Pillar wallet and use their own ID system and ‘bake it in’.
“Businesses currently put a lot of money into apps and services. If you have a broker, you are paying for numerous different interfaces and screens. Instead, this can all be turned into APIs and the Pillar Wallet will handle the consumer experience.”
The people behind Twenty Thirty AG’s vision is to secure the funding and in September 2017 set up a Blockchain Innovation Hub in London, which will house a community of open source programmers focussing on the consumer interface experience.
The Pillar project will start as an open-source digital wallet to hold all assets – health records, financial records, money, ownership of things, resumé, and much more. All the ownership will be on various Blockchains, with an individual’s password, replacing numerous accounts. Then, the personal assistant will help find what people are looking for and interact with many digital services automatically. As people travel, buy things, eat, consume media, use services – the personal data locker will pay its way ‘as you go’, without having to log into hundreds of apps.
The Pillar system will use its own native utility token, called the pillar (symbol: PLR). The pillar is a meta-token.
David Siegel added:
“The current token sale craze means that tokens are going to be everywhere, used for everything from identity to energy to coffee to golf.
“The Pillar wallet manages all those tokens for you ‘automagically,’ so you only see and deal with pillars, even though there could be hundreds of tokens underneath. By launching a meta-token, we’re telling consumers they will have a single interface into their digital lives.
“We’re starting with a wallet, but we’re aiming for iOS and Android. Look at your phone – all your apps are miniature desktop apps that trap your data and keep your credit-card number on their servers. The apps don’t talk to each other, so when you want to do something, you end up using several apps.
“The Pillar system has no apps. It uses tokens, smart contracts, and a growing ecosystem of online services that let you pull the information you want, find what you’re looking for, buy what you need, manage the ownership, and interact with hundreds of other systems easily. We will be the ‘easy button’ and it will be on the handset in 10 years.
“Because the personal data is decentralised and stored in secure Blockchains, it is of little interest to hackers, providing high-level security. We want to provide solutions to people that are magically easy to use. Our job is to communicate, to understand the customer and get over many of the user experience and brand hurdles. We will build the core system and it will be open source and we will partnership with many others. We will not be ‘tech-first’, we will be ‘people first’.
The Pillar Token Sale hopes to raise $50 million to build an open-source personal-data ecosystem. After a successful Token Sale, the team will set up the UK’s first Blockchain-only innovation centre in London.
- About the Author
- Latest Articles
About Richard Kastelein
Richard Kastelein is the Founder, Publisher and Editor in Chief of industry leading online publication, Blockchain News, partner of token design and ICO architecture company Cryptoassets Design Group and co-founder and director at education company Blockchain Partners.
As a prominent keynote presenter, Kastelein has spoken on Blockchain at events in Gdansk, Beijing, Venice, Nanchang, Shanghai, Amsterdam, Minsk, Dubai, Antwerp, Eindhoven, Bucharest, Munich, Nairobi, Tel Aviv, Manchester, Brussels, Barcelona, San Meteo etc, where he helped spread the cause for Blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and, consequently, has built a notable network in the scene.
- Pillar Tokens worth $12 Million Sold in First Hour of Sale – July 17, 2017
- CausePlay’s Thirtythree.8 Division Is Launching The Virtual Cash Back Token (VCB) and Its Ethereum-Based Blockchain Coupon and Rebate Platform – July 16, 2017
- Kazakhstan Becomes The Second Government To Embrace The Cryptocurrency Market System – July 16, 2017
- EnvisionX to Bring Blockchain to Programmatic Advertising – July 16, 2017
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Unveils New Technical Steering Committee and Seven New Working Groups – July 16, 2017
- Hungry Panda Games Launches ICO – Ethereum Powered Game And Esports Ecosystem – July 16, 2017
- CakeCodes Announces Highly-Anticipated Hybrid-Model Token Generation Event Via Bittrex – July 16, 2017
- Santiment Announces SAN Tokens Now Trading on Bitfinex – July 15, 2017
- Exchange Union Coin To Bridge Digital Currency Exchanges For Enhanced Trading – July 15, 2017
- Harbour DAO Updates Their ICO Model and Voting System to More Closely Align with a Commitment to Community-driven Governance – July 15, 2017
- ACChain Digital Coin Begins Trading on Japan’s NERAEX Exchange – July 14, 2017
- Token Sales For Entrepreneurs: A Workshop On Token Economic Design And Legal Compliance – July 13, 2017
- New York Trading Platform investFeed Replaces Equities for Cryptocurrency – July 13, 2017
- Falcon First Swiss Private Bank To Enter Blockchain Asset Management Market With Bitcoin – July 12, 2017
- Blockchain technology breaking barriers for effective foreign aid – July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Genomics company raises over $1M with Gene-Chain Coin Token Sales – July 12, 2017
- ANZ, Westpac, Scentre and IBM Complete Successful Blockchain Trial for Bank Guarantees – July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Based Ticketing Company Aventus Systems Announces Advisory Board – July 12, 2017
- DENT Wireless is the First Blockchain Platform to Power New Mobile Data Exchange Marketplace – July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Music Sharing Platform Aurovine Launches in India – July 12, 2017
- Hyperledger Announces Production-Ready Hyperledger Fabric 1.0 – July 12, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Mihai Alisie Joins Aragon Advisory Board – July 12, 2017
- Musiconomi Announces Crowdsale For Music Industry – July 12, 2017
- Mothership Launches Progressive Blockchain Financial Services with the Estonian e-Residency Program – July 12, 2017
- Sphre Raises Over $5 Million in XID Token Sale to Bring Identity Management to the Blockchain – July 11, 2017
- Token Sale: Revolutionary Virtual Reality Streaming Platform Supported by the Blockchain – July 11, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Liquidity Asset Token (LATO) announces PRE-ICO to Tokenize Assets – July 11, 2017
- $64,818 single spin payout by playing Hansel Gretel at BitStarz Casino – July 8, 2017
- Startup Monetha Wants to Challenge PayPal’s and Trustpilot’s Status Quo with the Ethereum Blockchain – July 6, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bitclave Launches Advertising Application, Active Search Ecosystem and Cybersecurity Platform – July 6, 2017
- Qtum Claims World’s First Proof-of-Stake Smart Contracts Platform – July 5, 2017
- Deloitte CIS and Waves Say They Plan to Shape the Future of Blockchain – July 4, 2017
- NEVERDIE Teleportation ICO to Monetize Infrastructure and Drive Trillion Dollar Virtual Goods Economy as The First Double Coin ICO – July 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup ETHLend Wants to Revolutionise The Finance Lending Market – July 2, 2017
- Blockchain Startup EOS Token Distribution Generates Over US$185 Million in First Five Days – July 2, 2017
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Proposes Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) to Crush Rise of Cryptocurrencies – July 2, 2017
- DECENT Launches Blockchain-Based Content Distribution Platform to Take On Entertainment Giants – June 30, 2017
- Synereo Releases Content Monetization Platform WildSpark – June 30, 2017
- First-ever Blockchain Real Estate Project — 3,000 BTC Cap Crowdfunded in 24 Hours on Waves Platform – June 30, 2017
- CoinDash, a Crypto Based Social Trading Platform, engages WINGS for Upcoming Token Sale Price Discovery and Social Engagement – June 30, 2017
- Pantera Capital Launches $100m Hedge Fund Focussed on ICOs and Token Sales – June 30, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Blackpool Announces Solution for 500 million Southeast Asian Unbanked Citizens to Gain Access to Digital Economy – Token Raise – June 30, 2017
- Economic Space Agency’s (ECSA) newest project, GRAVITY, is announcing “The Next Frontier: Blockchain meets Object-Capabilities” Event – June 30, 2017
- Crypto datafeed platform SANTIMENT Announces Highly-Anticipated Three-Stage Token Sale – June 30, 2017
- Ripple’s Blockchain Solution Powers Instant Remittances Between Japan and Thailand – June 30, 2017
- Rivetz Introduces Decentralized Cybersecurity Token to Secure Devices – June 30, 2017
- Gambling Protocol Developer DAO.Casino Launches a Token Sale Today – June 29, 2017
- CryptoFinancing – Europe’s First Token Sale and ICO Conference and Exhibition to Kick Off July 7, 2017 in London, UK – June 28, 2017
- Dash Unveils Evolution Roadmap and Three-Year Plan – June 27, 2017
- Seven Major European Banks Select IBM to Bring Blockchain-Based Trade Finance to Small and Medium Enterprises – June 27, 2017