Visa is hiring a Technical Product Manager for its Fintech division, according to a recent job listing on SmartRecruiters.
American multinational financial services giant Visa is taking the “if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em” strategy when it comes to cryptocurrencies. In order to not be left behind by the promise of high-tps (transactions per second) cryptocurrencies — or Bitcoin (BTC), for that matter — the company is hiring someone to help stay up to date with the nascent technology.
Then follow us on Google News!
Don’t be fooled into thinking this is a “blockchain-not-crypto” job, either. According to the listing, Visa is looking for candidates that are “passionate about the intersection of payments and cryptocurrency” and are “deeply familiar with permissionless blockchain technology and have a close network of experts in the fast moving cryptocurrency and fintech ecosystem.” Furthermore, the candidate will help Visa develop “new products for Visa to deliver value to fintechs looking to support cryptocurrencies.”
Visa wants this Visa Crypto product manager to create and execute the company’s “product strategy within the cryptocurrency ecosystem” while examining the impact cryptocurrencies will have on payments.
Visa and ‘Cryptocurrency Related Opportunities’
Specifically, the position’s responsibilities are as follows, verbatim:
- Manage the product strategy and roadmap for cryptocurrency related opportunities
- Define product scope and feature prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet deadlines
- Ideate and execute opportunities to build products that leverage Visa’s core competencies
- Influence and provide market feedback and knowledge sharing to the entire cross-functional team and executive leadership
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of products
- Keep up with cutting edge technology especially open source projects, and strive to contribute to Visa’s IP portfolio
This should leave little doubt in anyone’s mind that cryptocurrencies are here to stay and legacy financial systems know that they must either adapt or die.
What do you think of Visa Crypto’s job listing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Images courtesy of Shutterstock
Bitcoinist.com is author of this content, TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for the content of external sites.
TheBitcoinNews.com is here for you 24/7 to keep you informed on everything crypto. Like what we do? Tip us some BAT
Send Tip now!