Dash, the leading e-commerce and payments-focused cryptocurrency, will celebrate its fifth birthday. Dash is amongst the top 15 most valuable cryptocurrencies, and is one of the very few that presents a real world use case to end users, particularly populations with limited access to financial services, and those demanding cheaper, faster payments alternatives to today’s flawed credit cards.
Due to its instant transactions, low transaction fees, and unique organization structure as a self-governed decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), Dash is gaining significant momentum, especially in Venezuela and other South American countries prone to rapid inflation.
Currently, Dash is accepted at more than 4,000 merchants worldwide, including 2,500+ in Venezuela alone. In addition, Dash is accessible via 700+ ATMs and 90+ exchanges worldwide.
Within five years, Dash has achieved:
- Development of Dash Evolution, a payments platform focused on an easy user experience for those with or without technical knowledge, which many industry leaders believe will be integral to bringing the mainstream adoption of digital currency. It’s launching later this year.
- Collaboration with Arizona State University (ASU) to create a first of its kind blockchain research lab focused on the prominent topics of scalability, best practice, network architecture, environmentally-friendly mining, latency and throughput.
- Partnership with mainstream companies, such as Rewards.com.
- Advanced software, as with its newest 0.13 upgrade for automatic InstantSend.
- Humanitarian benefits in emerging markets such as Venezuela and Zimbabwe where fiat money can be unreliable and Dash serves as an alternative and superior store of value.
image by Shutterstock
TheBitcoinNews.com – leading Bitcoin News source since 2012
Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections. The information does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.
TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for the content of external sites and feeds. Sponsored Guest posts, articles or PRs are not always flagged as this!
Do you want see your PR or Guest post here? Advertise with us : Advertise