The Dogecoin Foundation wants to use the Starlink satellite network for offline transactions with DOGE. However, there is still a long way to go until then.
- Timothy Stebbing and Michi Lumin, developers at the Dogecoin Foundation, have written a paper outlining the use of Elon Musk’s Starlink for offline transactions with DOGE.
- According to the paper, key technologies include the RadioDoge communications network and the GigaWallet, a programming interface for processing and validating Dogecoin transactions.
- “While the GigaWallet project focuses on providing a freely available drop-in solution for Internet-based trading and tipping through standardized, non-custodial wallet integration with the Dogecoin network, RadioDoge focuses on leveraging cheap and reliable wireless technology (HF/LoRaWAN) in combination with the Starlink global satellite network to provide low-cost, broad-based access to Dogecoin for people outside the reach of traditional Internet infrastructures,” the developers said.
- As a result, they said, “Dogecoin could become the standard means of exchanging goods and services worldwide.”
- However, they said there is “still a long way to go” before finalization.
Picture by Pixabay
TheBitcoinNews.com – Bitcoin News source since June 2011 –
Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections. TheBitcoinNews.com holds several Cryptocurrencies, and this information does NOT constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.
Everything on this website can be seen as Advertisment and most comes from Press Releases, TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for any of the content of or from external sites and feeds. Sponsored posts are always flagged as this, guest posts, guest articles and PRs are most time but NOT always flagged as this. Expert opinions and Price predictions are not supported by us and comes up from 3th part websites.
Advertise with us : Advertise