The Ethereum network today celebrated another success on its way to transforming its consensus mechanism.
- Ethereum tested the new proof-of-stake consensus mechanism for the first time on the mainnet in a so-called shadow fork.
- It’s a historic moment for the network, as it’s the first time it’s used this testing method. The shadow fork is a sort of mirror image of the main network, allowing developers to simulate real-world conditions.
- At the time of writing, the testnet is seeing over 1.8 million transactions, with an average transaction duration of 13.8 seconds.
- The developers say that under certain circumstances transactions from the shadow net could also be found on the actual main chain.
- Meanwhile, Ethereum is in its last phase. “Kiln” is the last major testnet before the beacon chain merges with the mainnet (The Merge).
- In addition to the community, investors and analysts also have high hopes for Ethereum 2.0. Among other things, the network should become faster, more environmentally friendly and cheaper to use as a result of the changeover.
Picture by Pixabay
TheBitcoinNews.com – Bitcoin News source since June 2011 –
Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections. TheBitcoinNews.com holds several Cryptocurrencies, and this information does NOT constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.
Everything on this website can be seen as Advertisment and most comes from Press Releases, TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for any of the content of or from external sites and feeds. Sponsored posts are always flagged as this, guest posts, guest articles and PRs are most time but NOT always flagged as this. Expert opinions and Price predictions are not supported by us and comes up from 3th part websites.
Advertise with us : Advertise
Our Social Networks: Facebook Instagram Pinterest Reddit Telegram Twitter Youtube