Portugal’s regulatory hurdle Banco de Portugal has granted Bison Bank permission to offer crypto services in the future.
- Portugal’s Bison Bank has received permission from the local central bank (Banco de Portugal) to offer virtual asset services in the future.
- This makes it the first bank in the country to receive the green light from the regulator.
- On Thursday, April 14, Banco de Portugal updated its list of virtual asset service providers, adding “Bison Digital Assets” as the country’s fifth licensed crypto exchange.
- The bank’s new services are initially reserved for high-net-worth individuals.
- Portugal has long been considered a crypto-friendly country and crypto tax haven among crypto enthusiasts. No capital gains on cryptocurrencies have to be withheld since 2019, unless it is the only income.
- Portugal, unlike other EU countries, already values cryptocurrencies as a means of payment or currency and not as an asset since 2019.
Picture by Pexels
TheBitcoinNews.com – Bitcoin News source since June 2011 –
Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections. TheBitcoinNews.com holds several Cryptocurrencies, and this information does NOT constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.
Everything on this website can be seen as Advertisment and most comes from Press Releases, TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for any of the content of or from external sites and feeds. Sponsored posts are always flagged as this, guest posts, guest articles and PRs are most time but NOT always flagged as this. Expert opinions and Price predictions are not supported by us and comes up from 3th part websites.
Advertise with us : Advertise
Our Social Networks: Facebook Instagram Pinterest Reddit Telegram Twitter Youtube